- Plesk Onyx 17.0 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Linux
- Plesk Onyx 17.0 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
- Unable to install Let's Encrypt extension:
PLESK_ERROR: DNS Problem: SERVFAIL looking up CAA for example.com
- External name server is specified in Domains > example.com > DNS Settings.
Plesk Onyx 17.0 or 17.5 does not support CAA. Since CAA is missing, the external server returns error.
- Determine the SOA server for the domain:
# dig SOA @126.96.36.199 example.com +short
ns1.exampleproviderserver.com. support\@exampleproviderserver.com. 17 900 600 86400 3600
- Contact the external name server owners to clarify why SERVFAIL error is returned. Normally, when a record like CAA is missing for domain, name servers return "no record" instead of SERVFAIL.
Note: CAA DNS records are supported in Plesk 17.8
Note: the issue may be temporary. Try to issue the certificate once again in an hour.