- Plesk for Windows
- Subscription has several domains. When setting the certificate to one of the domains, other domains get the same certificate.
- Error when opening https://example.com:
- The following notification is shown in Hosting Settings of the domain:
PLESK_ERROR: The certificate change will also affect other sites hosted on the same dedicated IP address.
- Windows Server 2008 is running on the server.
- Secure your site link is not visible under Plesk -> Domains -> Domain name in Plesk running on Windows Server 2008 if Plesk 12.0 is used.
Microsoft Windows Server 2008 does not support Server Name Indication (SNI) feature. This feature is implemented in Windows Server 2012 and newer according to Microsoft Release note.
SNI (Server Name Indication) allows running any number of SSL/TLS sites with independent certificates on a single IPv4 address.
On Windows, SNI is supported since Windows Server 2012.
To use SNI, migrate to the server with the appropriate OS.
As a workaround assign website to the dedicated IP address:
- To secure the website with SSL certificate, the IP address of its webspace should be changed to
dedicatedand then a certificate could be assigned.
- Go to Plesk -> Tools & Settings -> IP Addresses
- Make sure that there is only 1 website is configured to use the IP address
- Select IP address and choose Dedicated
Choose a SSL certificate in the dropdown menu.