- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
There is an e-mail notification sent to Plesk admin regarding additional trial license for extension in Plesk:
CONFIG_TEXT: Unable to update EXT.01234567.0151: an error occurred while processing your key. You can try to retrieve the key manually in Plesk (Tools & Settings > License Management) or let Plesk try to update it in the next 24 hours. If you do not want to receive this notification any more, remove this key from Plesk. The license key is expired. Some features can be unavailable. Please contact your hosting provider.
In Tools & Settings > License Management > Additional License Keys the key from the notification (EXT.01234567.0151) has expiration date in the past.
The following error appears in
CONFIG_TEXT: ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result code: 2 Unspecified error
ERR [panel] KeyUpdate Result desc: License key EXT.01234567.0151 is expired
This is a bug in Plesk Key Administrator (licensing server) that will be fixed in future KA updates.
Plesk trial license was installed initially. All Plesk editions include the additional license for DNSSEC, Docker and Multiserver extensions by default. After the server was re-activated with the paid license, DNSSECc additional license remained uploaded in Tools & Settings > License Management > Additional License Keys.
As a workaround, do the following:
- Login to Plesk
- Remove trial licence key EXT.01234567.0151 in Tools & Settings > License Management > Additional License Keys > choose trial extension key > Remove.
- Retrieve the main Plesk key in Tools & Settings > License Management > Retrieve Keys.
If it does not fix the issue or if expired trial additional license is not listed in Tools & Settings > License Management > Additional License Keys, do the following:
- Connect to the server via SSH
- Rename the following file:
# mv /etc/sw/keys/registry.xml /etc/sw/keys/registry.xml.old
- Execute this command in order to retrieve the current license information (this command equals to clicking Tools & Settings > License Management > Retrieve Keys):
# plesk bin license --retrieve