- Plesk for Linux
If you want to setup your mail server to send all outgoing mail to a specific server which will handle the delivery to the recipients you need to setup a SMTP relay or smart host.
- You need to know the hostname or IP address of the SMTP server which is going to relay the mail for your mailserver, which is smtprelay.example.com in our case
- This article assumes that no authentication is necessary on the SMTP relay server
- This article is written for Plesk with Postfix
- You need to have the SSH login details of your server ready
Here is the procedure:
- Connect to the server using SSH
- Open the configuration file of Postfix with your favorite text-editor:
# nano /etc/postfix/main.cf
- Find the following lines:
- Change to:
relayhost = [smtprelay.example.com]:587
- Save and exit with CTRL+X.
- Restart the mailserver by issuing the following command:
# service postfix restart
Also, you can find several Mail extensions in Plesk extensions catalog offering relay services. All configurations will be done automatically as soon as you activate an extension.