- Plesk 12.5 for Windows
- Plesk Onyx for Windows
- Cannot export MS SQL dump in Plesk ( Subscriptions > example.com > Databases > Export dump ):
when trying to add a remote database connection under Tools & Settings > Database Servers
PLESK_ERROR: Unable to export a dumps: Unable to backup database
Unable to open network connection: The user name or password is incorrect (Error code 21)
- Changing password for the database user does not take any effect.
The Username or password specified for the MS SQL user is invalid.
Update user credentials for MS SQL server in Plesk:
- Go to Tools & Settings > Database Servers .
- Click on the host name of needed MS SQL server:
- Go to Settings and specify a new password under Authentication section.