- Plesk for Windows
Unable to upgrade Plesk Onyx on Windows Server 2008 fails with the following error:
MSI: Error! The IIS 7.0 CoreWebEngine and W3SVC features must be installed to us
e IIS URL Rewrite Module 2.
Failed to install 'C:\ParallelsInstaller\parallels\PANEL-WIN_17.5.3\thirdparty-m
si-Windows-any-x86_64\rewrite_7.2.1952_x64.msi': Fatal error during installation
. (Error code 1603)
ERROR: The installation of the package 'urlrewrite' failed with code 1603. (upgr
ade: Upgrading IIS URL Rewrite Module...)
Not all packages were installed.
Please contact product technical support.
Attempt to install the same package manually results in the following error:
The IIS 7.0 CoreWebEngine and W3SVC features must be installed to use Microsoft URL Rewrite Module 2 for IIS 7
Missing registry keys for IIS 7 installation.
1. Connect to the server via RDP.
2. Run regedit command and go to the following path:
3. Check if the following values are presented:
4. Temporarily change registry owner to Windows Administrator in Edit > Permissions... > Advanced > Owner > Administrator (SERVER_NAME\Administrator) > OK .
5. Create missing values by right-clicking on Components > New > DWORD (32-bit) Value and enter a value name.
Then double-click on the created value and set Value data to 1. Pless OK.
6. Change the registry owner back to TrustedInstaller and re-run the upgrade.