- Plesk for Windows
1. Additional FTP user for example.com can be created without any issues.
2. After that, a website starts displaying the error:
500.19 - Internal Server Error
Config Error Cannot read configuration file due to insufficient permissions
Config File \\?\C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs\web.config
3. Adding full control permissions for NETWORKSERVICE on
and its subfolders fixes the error.
4. ASP.NET v3.5 is set for the domain in Plesk at Domains > example.com > Hosting settings > Microsoft ASP.NET support . IIS dedicated pool is switched off at Domains > example.com > Dedicated IIS Application Pool for Your Websites .
5. ASP.NET v4.0 application pool is set for the website in IIS. NetworkService is specified as the pool identity.
Custom settings for the website in IIS. Plesk does not have any information about the customization and applies permissions according to known information about the domain.
Configure ASP.NET for the website via Plesk. There are at least two ways:
1. Update ASP.NET version at Domains > example.com > Hosting settings > Microsoft ASP.NET support .
2. Enable dedicated IIS application pool at Domains > example.com > Hosting settings > Dedicated IIS Application Pool for Your Websites > Switch On .