- Plesk for Windows
Plesk installation fails with the error:
Enabling IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility...
pkgmgr /iu:IIS-WebServerManagementTools;IIS-IIS6ManagementCompatibility;IIS-Metabase failed with error 3017(0x00000bc9). Output:
ERROR: The installation of the package 'IIS-Metabase' failed with code 3017. (install:
Enabling IIS Metabase and IIS 6 configuration compatibility...)
Not all packages were installed.
Please contact product technical support.
The cause is not clear.
1. Install IIS Metabase feature manually using Windows Server Manager:
- Click Start, click Administrative Tools and then Server Manager.
- In the left navigation pane, expand Roles, and then right-click Web Server (IIS) and select Add Role Services.
- On the Select Role Services pane, scroll down to IIS 6 Management Compatibility.
- Select the check boxes for IIS 6 Metabase Compatibility and IIS 6 Management Console.
- Click Next from the Select Role Services pane, and then click Install at the Confirm Installations Selections pane.
- Click Close to leave the Add Role Services wizard.
2. Run Plesk installer again and continue with installation.