Occurs while sending a mail message. This error may appear when there is a misconfiguration in mail server/webmail settings.
To fix general issues with mail server configuration, connect to the server using SSH and run the following repair utility:
For Plesk 12.5/Onyx:
# plesk repair mail
For other versions:
Additionally, make sure that the affected mailbox is not full.
Try sending mail and if the issue persists, check
/var/log/maillog for additional errors and search for the solution in Plesk Knowledge Base
- Temporary failure. Command output: .qmail has prog delivery but has x bit set
- Mail delivery failed after upgrade: Permission denied 4.2.1 Message can not be delivered at this time
- Unable to receive emails: Error reading configuration: Invalid settings: postmaster_address setting not given lda
- Incoming emails are not delivered: /usr/bin/deliverquota: No such file or directory
- Incorrect Outgoing Spam Filter Statistic: ./Maildir: No such file or directory
- Unable to syncronize a mailbox with Outlook: Mail handler 'check-quota' said: 452:4.2.2 Mailbox full
- Mail stays queued: Quota exceeded (mailbox for user is full)