- Plesk Onyx for Windows
How to add additional MySQL server in Plesk?
Additional MySQL server can be added in Plesk according to next steps:
- Log in to server using RDP.
- Configure MySQL
my.inifile to use port 3307, e.g:
port = 3307
This file located in
C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\my.iniby default
- Restart MySQL service. Open Services snap-in as follows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services > Stop and Start. Make sure that MySQL is running, check Service status of this service.
- Open Plesk and follow Tools & Settings > Database Servers > Add database server .
- Select MySQL in Database server type , specify a Host name or IP address, Port number and Authentication data.
MySQL servers may not work at the same time if they use the same configuration file and the same port. It can be checked according to next steps.
- Open Services snap-in as follows Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Services, open MySQL services and check Path to executable for each of them, e.g.:
"C:\Program Files\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.6\bin\mysqld.exe" "--defaults-file=C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\Databases\MySQL\my.ini" MySQL56
This configuration file is for MySQL5.6.
- MySQL services have to use different configuration
- MySQL servers have to be configured to use different ports, e.g. 3306 for one and 3307 for another MySQL server. This information can be found in
my.iniconfiguration file for MySQL server:
port = 3307
Plesk cannot manage databases which were created not in Plesk. As a workaround databases can be imported in Plesk. Information about it can be found in KB article.
Additional information about multiple MySQL services can be found in MySQL documentation.