- Plesk Onyx for Linux
It is required to organize data storage with the help of the samba service. Аlso needs to limit the disk space for this storage.
1. You need to create new service plan with the parameter the " Hard disk quota " (with the quota by example 1000 mb)
2. Create a new subscription with the service plan of Hard disk quota.
3. Install Plesk file server extension: Tools & Settings -Updates and Upgrades - Add/Remove Components - Plesk extensions - Plesk file server
4. Open Plesk file server extension: Extensions - My Extensions - Samba Fileserver Configuration - Go To Extension . Turn On Extension (Switch On)
5. Add User (Tab Users). Choose from the User from the combobox that owns the new created subscription. And set the name and password to the user from which he can access to the shared folder.
6. Create a new shared folder (Tab Shares), specify the name and path to the desired directory (in this case it is the new subscription directory /var/www/vhosts/testdomain.tld/). Specify the user who must have access to this folder.
7. Specify the interfaces (Tab Interfaces) via which you are allowed to connect to the server
8. Specify IP addresses (Tab Access) that are allowed to connect to the server. (Add Host/Network). Specify the IP Address (192.168.0.1) or Network with the network mask (192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0).
9. Test connection. Open windows commander WIN+r . Enter IP address your Plesk server via which connection to SMB is allowed
10. Enter login and password. Press Ok.
11. You can access the folder!