Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #PPPM-5509 "On CentOS 7 x64 servers, Plesk installed in a Virtuozzo 7 container incorrectly detected the environment as a physical server."
- Plesk Onyx Update 13 23 January 2017 (Linux)
Unable to install Plesk for VPS license on a Virtuozzo 7 container:
Error: The license key is invalid. To use Plesk, you must request and install a new, valid license key. The license key is only intended for use with Plesk within a Virtuozzo container virtual environment.
The platform is detected as "dedicated" when running the following command (
content file is taken from the following article ):
# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun info.php | grep platform 'platform' => 'dedicated',
Virtualization is detected as:
This is an internal issue with ID #PPPM-5509 , which is planned to be fixed in future product updates.
As a workaround for Centos7x64 containers use the custom fix attached :
1. Download it and unpack: filemng.tar
2. Create the copy of
# cp /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/filwrpr /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/filwrpr_backup
3. Place unpacked custom fix
4. Make sure the permissions are as follows:
# ls -la /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/filwrpr
-rwxr-x--- 1 root root 35736 Jan 2 17:06 /usr/local/psa/admin/sbin/filwrpr
In order to automate containers deployment with the custom fix automatically applied , modify post-install script on a hardware node side by adding the following line in the end of