- Plesk Onyx 17.5 for Windows
1. Domain certificate cannot be renewed (nor manually, nor automatically) when used to secure Plesk panel and/or Plesk mail server.
2. Let's Encrypt rate limits is exhausted for the domain;
3. The following error appears in
ERR [extension/letsencrypt] Cannot renew certificate on domain example.com with error: Remove certificate failure: One of the certificates you are going to delete is used for securing Plesk.
This is a Let's Encrypt extension bug with ID #EXTLETSENC-95 which will be fixed in future updates.
Until the fix is available, choose one of the following two workarounds:
1. Before the certificate expires, reset Plesk certificate:
Tools & Settings > SSL/TLS Certificates > Certificate for securing Plesk/mail > change
2. Manually renew the certificate: Extensions > Let'S Encrypt > Certificate > renew ;
3. Secure Plesk panel by the renewed certificate again as per step 1.
1. Secure Plesk using Security Advisor extension without an additional domain in Plesk.