- Plesk Onyx for Windows
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
- #PPPM-5501 "After upgrading to Plesk Onyx, websites could become inoperable if custom permissions for the inetpub\vhosts folder were configured in the %plesk_dir%\etc\disksecurity\custom.xml file."
- Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 23 March 2017 (Windows)
- Error when opening Plesk > Domains > example.com > File Manager:
Unable to open the directory: Unable to find the directory C:\Inetpub\vhosts\example.com\httpdocs: Access denied
- "Denied" privileges are set for psacln user on the httpdocs directory of the domain.
- Custom DiskSecurity file persist in the
%plesk_dir%/etc/DiscSecurityfolder. The file grants FullAccess permissions to custom user. For example, the file contains the following:
CONFIG_TEXT: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
<Entry AccounType="1" Account="example" Path="C:\InetPub\vhosts" AceFlags="ThisFolderSubfoldersAndFiles" AccessMask="FullAccess" />
This is bug with ID PPPM-5501. Fixed in Plesk Onyx 17.5
Update to the latest Plesk version.