- Plesk for Windows
1. Server's IP address was changed recently. Some issues appeared during IP address switching.
2. Local MS SQL database server in Plesk cannot be activated with the error:
Error: The test connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:
mssqlmng failed: Login failed for user 'sa'.
at (VADOConnection::open line 48)
at Unable to ADO conect with connection string: Provider=SQLOLEDB.1;Initial Catalog=master;Data Source=203.0.113.2(VADODatabaseProvider::connect line 182)
at execute console command --check(vconsoleapp::start line 122)
at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Plesk\admin\bin\mssqlmng.exe" --check "--server=203.0.113.2" "--login=sa" "--password=*"(vconsoleapp::run line 139)
(Error code 1)
3. The MS SQL server in Plesk is still configured to use an old IP address.
4. The MS SQL server contains user's databases.
MS SQL server is configured to use a wrong IP address.
There is no possibility to change the IP address of already configured database server in Plesk. To fix the issue, set a new IP address in psa database:
1. Create a backup of psa database via command line:
plesk db dump > psa.dump.sql
2. Login to Plesk database:
3. Update IP address:
mysql> update databaseservers set host="203.0.113.3" where host="203.0.113.2";
where 203.0.113.2 - an old server's IP address;
203.0.113.3 - a new server's IP address.