- Plesk 12.0 for Windows
Note: This article has the reference to the issue with the fix available:
"SmarterMail administrator password could no longer be changed in Plesk after changing it via the SmarterMail web interface."
- Plesk Onyx 17.5.3 23 March 2017 (Windows)
Please consider updating your server:
Error when starting SmarterMail in Server Components:
Some fields are empty or contain an improper value.
- Administrator's password for SmarterMail has been changed recently.
- Can login with new credentials to the Smartermail directly.
Error in the Event Log:
Log Name: Plesk
GetProductInfo() failed: result code=-20, message=You have already attempted to log in too many times within a short period. You must wait a set amount of time before trying again. If you require assistance, please contact your email administrator.
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\defpackagemng.exe
Error in the Event log:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\MRS\
Exception type: SocketException
Exception message: No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it 127.0.0.1:17001
This is bug with ID PPPM-5467 which is planned to be fixed in future Plesk updates.
- Create additional administrator account in SmarterMail.
- Set created account credentials in Plesk ( Tools & Settings > Server Components > SmarterMail Server ).
- Change primary administrator's account password in SmarterMail.
- Set primary administrator's account credentials in Plesk (optional step).
- Remove additional administrator's account in SmarterMail (optional step).
If there were too many failed attempts to log in with the incorrect credentials, following steps are required to increase login attempts:
C:\Program Files (x86)\SmarterTools\SmarterMail\MRS\web.config file.
Edit the value number to reflect the number of failed attempts the user can make before the block will be implemented:
<add key="ForgotPassword.BruteForceDetection.TriesBeforeBlock" value="10"/>