- Plesk for Linux
How to transfer an IP address to the new server after migration?
Note: during the IP address transfer, service downtime is expected, therefore, it is recommended to perform it during server maintenance hours.
1. Disconnect the source server from the network
2. On the destination server, open network interface configuration file (for example,
) and replace the IP address with the one that is being transferred
3. Restart the network service:
# service network restart
4. Update the IP address configuration in Plesk database:
# plesk bin reconfigurator --autoconfigure
The utility will find that all domains are configured to a non-existent address and will reconfigure them to use the existing one that was added on the step 2.
5. If the IP address that was replaced on the step 2 is needed on the destination server, add in to the operating system. Press Reread IP button on the Tools & Settings > IP Addresses screen to add it to Plesk.