- Plesk for Windows
- Plesk for Linux
- The following error occurs on attempt to secure domain with Let's Encrypt via Domains > example.com > Let's Encrypt:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed: Failed letsencrypt execution: Saving debug log to C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Parallels\\Plesk\\var\\modules\\letsencrypt\\logs\\letsencrypt.log
Obtaining a new certificate
Performing the following challenges:
http-01 challenge for example.com
http-01 challenge for www.example.com
Waiting for verification...
Cleaning up challenges
Failed authorization procedure. www.example.com (http-01): urn:acme:error:connection :: The server could not connect to the client to verify the domain :: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.example.com
- The following errors were reported by the server:
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.example.com
- The following error occurs when attempting to secure domain with all aliases:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for example.com. Authorization for the domain failed.
Invalid response from https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/authz/****.
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for alias.example.com
- alias.example.com has no public A DNS record.
Missing A record for
www.example.com and/or for
- If Plesk is responsible for DNS, add required records as described in the following article:
How to add a DNS record for a domain in Plesk
- In case DNS are hosted outside of Plesk, create the records on the DNS registrars side.
As a workaround, it is possible to uncheck the option Include www.example.com as an alternative domain name and not select
alias.example.com for securing with Let's Encrypt.