- Plesk for Windows
- Plesk for Linux
- The following error occurs on an attempt to secure domain with Let's Encrypt via Domains > example.com > Let's Encrypt:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Let's Encrypt SSL certificate installation failed
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for www.example.com
- The following error occurs when attempting to secure domain with all aliases:
PLESK_ERROR: Error: Could not issue a Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificate for example.com
Detail: DNS problem: NXDOMAIN looking up A for alias.example.com
- alias.example.com has no public A DNS record (check it using this online Tool).
Missing A record for
www.example.com and/or for
- If Plesk is used as DNS server, add the required records as described in the following article How to add a DNS record for a domain in Plesk
- In case if DNS are hosted outside of Plesk, create the records on the DNS registrars side.
As a workaround, it is possible to uncheck the option Include www.example.com as an alternative domain name and not select
alias.example.com for securing with Let's Encrypt.
The following article describes how to troubleshoot issues with Let's Encrypt certificate installation: Let's Encrypt installation fails: Challenge marked as invalid.