- Plesk for Linux
- Plesk for Windows
How to set up password-protected directory in Plesk?
1. Find which directory is the Document Root directory for the domain at Plesk > domains > example.com > Hosting Settings > Document Root :
or login to Plesk via SSH and run the following command in CLI:
# plesk bin subscription -i example.com | grep "WWW-Root" | cut -f 2 -d ' '
2. Navigate to Domains > example.com > Password-Protected Directories add the required directory that is located inside Document Root (relative path without
should be added):
In case it is needed to protect the whole website, specify "/" in the Directory name field.
3. To add a user to a password-protected directory:
- Go to Websites & Domains > Password-Protected Directories.
- Click the desired password-protected directory(for example /test), and then click Add a User.
- Type in the username and password, and click OK.
Note: in case non-zero value is specified for "Apache restart interval " under Tools & Settings - Apache web server, the configuration change will be applied with a delay.
Additional information can be found in Plesk Documentation